Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add song to playlist in live mode actually jumping in playlist

Started by cdeschryver, August 06, 2019, 06:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdeschryver

Hi all,

I'm using BandHelper on an iPad. In former releases, I could just use the "Add song" button in any layout to add a song as the next upcoming one in my current playlist in performing situations. This did also work for songs already contained in my playlist and worked as expected - new song added as the next one, playlist continues as planned afterwards. However, this behavior has obviously changed in one of the last iOS releases. Now, when adding a song that is already in the list (greyed out in the provided song selection list), it is not added, but the current songs "jumps" to the place where it has been scheduled in the playlist before. I'm a bit confused by this behavior since a) I always need to navigate back to the place I've been before in my setlist and b) - since I've activated "Save songs after quick adding" in the settings - my setlist is NOT altered this way and therefore not saved as it was played afterwards.

Anyone else also experiencing this behavior? I would highly appreciate a way of coming back to the old functionality since that worked perfectly for me before.

Thanks
Christian

arlo

This feature is really meant to add a song that isn't included in the set list, so the behavior when the song is already included was a little vague. You're right that previously it would add the song again, and now it jumps to the existing song. The updated behavior seems more logical to me, but I'm open to feedback from other users about this.