Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Metronome For Documents

Started by GuitarForLife, August 14, 2019, 04:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarForLife

Hi, I hope Im not missing something obvious but we read our music from documents attached to songs. We are using an IPAD.  I've not been able to figure out how to get the tempo flash to continue when the document has opened - is this possible? It would be great to have a metronome visible while the document is on the screen. The document takes up the full screen. Many thanks.

arlo

If you are opening the document to full-screen, then there is literally nothing else on the screen. I don't recommend using the full-screen display on a regular basis. This video shows alternatives:

https://youtu.be/s63r2Fsm6WQ

VTM09

I've been looking for this option as well; to have the metronome icon keeps flashing while the doc open in the full screen. The idea is the metronome icon always floats up on top order to be visual permanently (You can see this option in the NextPage 3 app http://www.nextpageapp.com/upgrade/

As for the suggested layout setting in SetList Maker, The downside is the visual flash of the click/metronome won't work while you are a host for other ipads from the band members connecting to your host ipad. Until now, I don't see any improvement that SetList maker would offer to come up with solution.

I still wish that the Setlist maker(SLM) would offer either an small visual flash metronome icon as mentioned above while connecting to multiple ipads or someway that SLM could send the click to other iOS device thru bluetooth or wifi; so then as a host, I can setup an host ipad to share the music sheet with the band members' ipads and in the same time send the click to an iphone screen to see the visual flash tempo to play along...???

arlo

The visual flash is disabled when screen sharing because the screen images don't transmit fast enough to show the tempo accurately on the slave devices. This fact is unrelated to the question of what layout to use. If you want to share a tempo with your bandmates, you can either set up one device with a large visual flash that everyone can see (and don't include that device in the screen sharing), or use an audio tempo through in-ear monitors.

arlo

The new version 2023-09-10 released today has Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Follow MIDI Beat Clock. This will flash the tempo button or generate click sounds (depending on your other settings on this page) when receiving incoming beat clock messages. The external device must send a Start message at the beginning of the Beat Clock messages and a Stop message at the end. This is only available in the iOS app.

You can transmit MIDI between two iOS devices via Bluetooth if you click Allow Connections From Bluetooth Devices in the MIDI Status window on one device and Connect To A Bluetooth Device on the other device.