Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tabbed layout possible now or in the future?

Started by matthew_, August 17, 2019, 10:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew_

Thank you for such a great app, not to mention the great support. The flexibility and power is astounding.
I find, though, that I wish I had more room in the layout to put more midi buttons, and/or controls. Would it (or is it; wouldn't surprise me if it's there already) be possible to add either tabs or pop-up windows to add more easily accessible controls. Something like a simplified version of MidiDesigner would be even more amazing, but just some more real estate for the already available buttons would be great, and probably more than sufficient, honestly.
I know the magic of BH lies in automation, but sometimes some more control on the fly can be a life saver.

arlo

You can quickly switch between layouts using a layout action (e.g., a two-fingered tap) or a remote control action (e.g., a foot switch). You would want to deactivate any layouts you don't want to see, because the change layouts action would cycle through all the available layouts. That would be almost the same as a tabbed layout. Does that help?

matthew_

Thank you! Yes, I believe that would work well.

matthew_

Okay, read through the layout tutorial and dug around the app the best I could, but do not see how to deactivate layouts. I did see how to delete them, but I'd rather not, if possible.
Thanks!

arlo

On the layout's Edit Details page, you can disable the Active checkbox.