Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Missing buttons/links in android for adding songs to the database

Started by pheldal, September 28, 2019, 02:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

Is there a setting that will disable/remove the + and doc-icons to add/import songs to the database in Repertoire/Songs? I'm aware of the ability to customise the top panel in settings, but see no setting for this. Note that this is in Repertoire/Songs, not from lists where settings in the layout may decide whether editing is available or not.

The user in question is admin with full editing-access and has been adding stuff before. Her smartphone is running an ancient and known to be troublesome version of Android (6.0). I know of app-developers who have resorted to blacklisting/disabling of some functions for certain devices and/or versions of android to avoid certain problems, but haven't seen any notice about that for BH yet.

arlo

Are you saying you want to disable adding data from one specific device?

Normally you would want to do this per user, not per device, and you can do that by changing the user's edit access level to Read Only.

If you are seeing some problem with adding data from a particular device, please submit a help ticket describing the problem.

pheldal

No I'm not out to add restrictions. The problems is that a user with full access to an account is unable to add songs to the database. The UI-elements to add/import a song is missing from Repertoire/Songs on her device.

Just checking if I've missed something in settings before submitting a ticket.

arlo

No, please submit a help ticket and then send the troubleshooting info from that device.