Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bluetooth MIDI

Started by WITELITE, November 07, 2019, 09:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITELITE

Bandhelper gets better and better. We would be lost without it.

Question in regard to Bluetooth Midi. Most of those devices require you to plug into to both MIDI IN and MIDI Out for Power. I'm just interest in SENDING Program Changes to the devices using Bandhelper. Is there a way to turn off MIDI out by Device within your program or through another program assuming the hardware doesn't let you do it.

We have a lot of MIDI devices and I don't want to overload what's coming in from Keyboards or Samplers when the sole purpose of them is to receive program changes sent by Bandhelper

Thanks

MM

arlo

Do you mean you want to shield BandHelper from receiving unnecessary MIDI messages? I think you could do that with a MIDI routing app like MidiFire, but the (minimal) processing power required to do that probably wouldn't be any less than the processing power that BandHelper uses to look at and discard unwanted messages. One thing you could do is go to Settings > Remote Control and change MIDI Input Port to a port other than what the messages would be coming in on (e.g., a different MIDI app on your device rather than the Bluetooth MIDI adapter) or change MIDI Input Channel to a channel that no devices are using. Then BandHelper will do the minimal amount with the messages before deciding it doesn't need them. Filtering at the port level would be most efficient, then at the channel level. You'll see "discarded data at [port/channel] filter" in the MIDI activity log when this happens.