Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SOLVED! How to clear data from an Android-device, reinstall and start over

Started by pheldal, December 02, 2019, 12:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

Today I suddenly got a forever spinning wheel when trying to start BH on one of my devices (Android phone).  It sits waiting for the list of accounts to appear for selection. The App indicate that there are 2 accounts present, which is correct, but the list to select from remain empty. There is plenty available space and resources on the device, and network connectivity is good. To reboot in an attempt to clear anything resident in memory changed nothing.

Next I tried to force-quit the app, remove data and finally uninstall from the system-app-menu. Unfortunately the app still has information about the two registered accounts after reinstalling from Google Play. Where do I look to remove/clean all BH-information from the device to start over from scratch when it isn't enough to remove everything registered as app-storage in the Android OS? At the point where the app is stuck waiting there is no way to access its internal help/tools menu to clear data. On a working device I see that clearing of local data has been removed from the help/tools-menu so having access to that wouldn't help much anyway (other than being able to submit device-specific troubleshooting info to a ticket).

arlo

This seems to be an issue with Android 9 that I'm planning to work on today.

The account info is coming back when you reinstall because of the Android backup system. I think you can turn that off, but I don't think that would make a difference. In fact I almost never recommend reinstalling the app to fix a problem -- it usually doesn't help and sometimes creates new problems (e.g., Android sometimes doesn't recreate the app data directory when reinstalling).

arlo

This should be fixed in the new app version 3.0.12 released today.

pheldal