Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Offline synchronisation

Started by M2atrocks, December 10, 2019, 05:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M2atrocks

Hi everybody.
With my band we are trying BH since a couple of weeks, and we find it really great and very helpfull.
I would like to have the possibility to synchronize data without internet.
Example :

We are together at rehearsal or show.
We don't have always internet over wifi or gsm because of bad network.

We are all connected to our (mixer) wifi without internet, and also connected together with our tablets on BH.
If a bandmate change something on a song or a setlist we can't update.

It would be a big improvement i think.

@Arlo, perhaps could you programm BH to work only with a license that we own every year.

Are other BH users interested?

Best regards

arlo

This is on my wish list, but it's not likely to happen because it would basically require building a second sync workflow and automatically switching between the two based on network connectivity (and there's not even a good way to detect network connectivity in the case of a local wi-fi network that isn't connected to the Internet).

I'm not sure what you're asking about the license; is that part of the same idea, or a different idea?

M2atrocks

Yes it's a part of the same idea.

It would change your concept but could be easyer for you.

If you programm BH to work only with a license (like a software for example) .
I mean that you can't use the app without this.

The license could give the "server" mission to the account holder with administrator rights for 1 month, one year... (depends on what he's paid for.
If it's an account for 5 person he will geht 5 license for bandmates.

Account holder could manage his own network, and offline (no internet) synchronization could be possible inside this network.
He will have the mission that your servers have for the moment.
You wouldn't need to do this anymore.

Parallel you could offer a web account to work easier with data, to store backups on your server...

Do you understand what I mean?

arlo

I don't see a benefit to making the administrator's device the sole source for syncing data. Then syncing would only work when your band is in the same room. And this would be even harder to implement and harder to support than a temporary offline capability that syncs locally only until devices are online again.

And we already have "a web account to work easier with data, to store backups on your server."