Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Setting Up Flic

Started by Ruckman65, December 15, 2019, 09:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckman65

I have tested the Flic button on my iPad Mini (iOS 12.4.4) and it works as advertised. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work with my iPad Air 2 (iOS 13.3).

When setting it up on my iPad Mini, after clicking on 'Connect Flic Button', I got a message saying Bandhelper wants to connect to Flic, or something similar. I accepted that and it took me to the Flic app where I selected my Flic and clicked on Done. It took me back to Bandhelper. When selecting an action in the Actions menu, it shows a choice of Flic for single click, multiple click etc. and it was then easy to configure Flic actions.

I then closed Flic and Bandhelper on my iPad Mini before trying the same method on my iPad Air 2.

On my I Pad Air 2, I tap on 'Connect Flic Button'. It takes me to the Flic app (it did not ask permission in this instance). The Flic app shows that my button is connected and I click on Done. It takes me back to Bandhelper but, in the Actions menu, when choosing an action, the dropdown menu does not show an option for Flic. When I tap the Remote Control icon (which is greyed out) to see the Activity Log, there are no entries. Clicking on the Flic button produces no activity in the log.

Could this be an iOS issue?

arlo

What if you go ahead and select the Flic button again even though the Flic app shows that it's already connected? I think "connected" in the Flic app means the Flic app is seeing the button, not that BandHelper is connected to the button.

Ruckman65

I have done that but BH doesn't seem to recognize that the Flic is active.

Ruckman65

Strangely, today when going through the same process on my iPad Mini, BH does not recognize the Flic button. I followed the same procedure as yesterday.