Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Selecting songs in Reaper

Started by brk303, January 10, 2020, 12:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brk303

This is more a question about Reaper, but I hope someone here knows.

I'd like to use Bandhelper to control songs in Reaper. Each song in repertoire has MIDI song number, which Bandhelper sends to Reaper on selection.
That part works fine and I see in Reaper MIDI logger that Song Select message arrives.

But I don't know what to do with this in Reaper. I have songs in regions, so would like to go to region 6 when song 6 is selected in Bandhelper.
Perhaps I have to write a script to do this.

Anyone else tried this ?

arlo

I just did a web search and the first thing I saw was your post on another forum.  ;D

I wonder if Reaper is literally using MIDI Song Select messages, or some other message? Song Select is perfect for this purpose, but most products don't use it because it's limited to 128 songs. If Reaper does use this, I'd think it would be pretty straightforward since that's the only thing these messages would be used for. But it might actually use program changes or something else. The Reaper user manual or tech support would be the best places to check that.