Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Collapsible Sets, anyone?

Started by JerryK, September 01, 2019, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryK

Is there an appetite for collapsible Sets, in a Setlist of multiple Sets?
In this particular case, it's for my Open Mic backing/house band.  I have a Setlist containing 16 or more Sets, for all the 'regulars' who might turn up on any given night, containing all the songs that each has been known to perform or any expected new songs.  It would be great to just "switch on" a Set for those people who choose to perform on the night.
I already use the numbered songs feature, so songs which are unwanted, per guest, can be 'greyed out', on the night or in advance.  This helps but still leaves a long list of nearly 100 songs, so far, which will only get longer.  The ability to collapse a set to just its title would save a lot of scrolling and some brain power.

arlo

It's an interesting idea. The main downside would be a fair amount of additional complexity for something that might not get much use. I think there's also a good chance people will accidentally hide their sets and then not know what happened and how to show them again.

One option that already exists is that you can create these sets as separate set lists, then quickly switch between them during the shortcut menu at the top of the screen (click the set list title to show it). I think that's limited to 10 items now, but adjusting that would be relatively easy and low-impact.

JerryK

I see where you're coming from.  It's not a bad alternative, thanks for the pointer.  I'd give that a go but I would need more than 10 to start with.

arlo

I'll put that on my wish list. Meanwhile, another existing alternative is to create these sets as separate set lists, then select Add to Shortcuts on their detail edit pages, then from the Repertoire menu, select one from the shortcuts section at the top of the menu. Then to switch to another, click the back button to leave the set list view and select another from the shortcuts section. In this case there is typically some delay in entering the set list view, but it would only take two clicks to change between these set lists.

arlo

Today's app releases allow you to specify any number of set lists to appear in the title shortcuts. To try it, you can turn on Help > Utilities > Test New Interface. Then go to Repertoire > Set Lists or Repertoire > Smart Lists and click the downward-facing triangle icons for the items you want to include in the title shortcuts. (The Title Shortcuts setting on the set list or smart list edit pages does the same thing.) Then view a set list and all the selected items will appear in the title shortcuts.

A complete description of the new interface updates is available here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,2355.0.html

arlo

The rework of the set list title shortcuts went live today. It's described in the second section of this tutorial:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/app_shortcuts.html

JerryK