Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

projector set up for videos during performance

Started by banddood, February 05, 2020, 10:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banddood

Sorry if this is a little off topic but I'm trying to use BH to show videos behind the band during our shows. I was just wondering if anyone is doing that and if they had any recommendations on set up. I was planning on going from BH Apple TV to short throw projector. Just wondering if anyone has done anything similar. Thanks, Jeff

Ruckman65

Hey Jeff. That is precisley our setup. Apple TV connected to BH and a short throw projector.  I attached a video (as a document) to each of our songs.

In the Layouts>Actions area of BH, choose your required action under Start/Stop Video. After a few technical issues, it now works flawlessly for us. Each song also has an automation track attached with which we use midi to control our lights through BH with a program called Luminair.

So, together, with one click, we get our recording to play, the lights to sync and the video to start.

One caveat - if using Apple TV, any sound you have on the video will only play through the projector so you'd need to have an audio out into your PA. If the videos you show don't have sound, you'll be good to go without that problem.

banddood

Thanks so much for the info. What projector did you go with and are you happy with it? Thanks !

goneflyin2002

Ruckman65

The projector we use is a Sanyo PDG-DWL2500. It is an extreme short throw projector so we can keep it very close to the screen. Our screen is roughly 2.2 metres wide and I think 1.8 metres in height. The projection fills the screen.

The only hassle with the setup is the screen! It takes a while to erect and can be a little awkward when we are on a smaller stage. We've been looking for a more portable solution but so far have not come up with one.

Apart from that, BH in conjunction with Apple TV and the projector works beautifully. Please let me know if you would like any further technical details about our setup.

goneflyin2002

Thanks a bunch!
I'll look into that outfit.

regards,
Don