Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Eventide H9s and HX Stomp help.

Started by Alamondm, February 22, 2020, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamondm

I am completely boggled here. I have 2 H9s and an HX Stomp I'm trying to control with Bandhelper via midi. I have tried about every configuration possible and no matter what I do the 2 H9s will not work together. I have midi thru enabled , have them on separate channels and still won't work.
im trying to create 1 preset in BH with 3 PC commands. If I do 3 separate presets with 3 separate PC commands to 3 different devices it works fine.
I have tried just connecting the 2 H9s to BH and it will only control 1 H9. If I put the stomp in the mix BH will only control 1 H9 and the Stomp. It doesn't matter what order they are in there is just no way to control 2 H9s at the same time on the same preset. Has anyone else ran into this problem. I am using an IPad with the usb / camera adapter into a  usb to 5 pin midi connector.
Matt.

arlo

How are you physically connecting the three receiving devices to the USB MIDI interface?

Alamondm

Usb/ camera iPad adapter with a usb to 5 pin midi adapter similar to the Roland MK2. Basically the recommend interface found on the support page under hardware.

Alamondm

The 3 devices are daisy chained together with 5 pin midi cables . All 3 devices have midi thru on them and are set as such.

arlo

If you put the HX Stomp at the end of the chain, after the two H9s, does it receive its MIDI messages?

Alamondm

Yes. I have submitted a help desk ticket

Alamondm

Problem solved. It was a defective usb to 5 pin midi adapter. Thanks.
Matt

arlo

To clarify, did you buy another item of the same model and that worked, or did you buy a different brand or model? If the latter, it might be helpful for others to know the model that didn't work.

Alamondm

The one that didn't work was purchased on Amazon. It was a Wersi usb to 5 pin midi adapter cable. What I didn't realize was that it was for PC and Mac. The ad implied that it would work on Ios but it did not. It would only send 2 out of 3 PC changes as verified by a midi monitor.
My solution was to run a camera / usb adapter from the Ipad into a  USB A to USB B cable into the HX Stomp usb port, turned on midi Thru and sent that to the first H9 with a 5 pin midi cable, then out of that with a 5 pin midi cable into the second H9. Works great. Just make sure on the HX Stomp that you have the Midi setting set to send usb /midi and not just midi.
Thanks
Matt

arlo