Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

sending CCs to Bias FX

Started by jwrioux, February 26, 2020, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwrioux

I am a relatively long-term user of Band Helper but have only recently tried to use it with Bias FX Mobile on iPad. I use Band Helper live to call up song titles, lyrics, and performance notes, as well as to automatically switch to Bias FX presets on a per/song basis. So far, so good. I'd like not to have to create two (or more) presets/song to move from, say, rhythm guitar to a lead solo; much better would be to switch to a higher gain setting or amp by way of a control change within the same preset. Try as I might, though, I'm failing to be able to do this. I've read many posts in this forum about people who have done this with various apps--even iPad apps--but I've yet to find one that has worked for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

arlo

I'm not sure what other posts you're referring to, but I think you will need separate presets. You can think of a MIDI preset as a configuration for one point in time (like the start of a song). You can set lots of different things (different MIDI devices) for that point in time, but if you want to change some settings at a different point in time (like the start of a solo), you will need a different preset for that.

jwrioux

Thanks, Arlo.

What is a CC, then?

jwrioux

arlo

You're asking what a MIDI control change is? This post has some general MIDI resources:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,656.0.html