Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Mac Version Now Available

Started by arlo, March 10, 2020, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

The Mac app will perform very similarly to the iOS app.

If you are seeing performance issues with the website, please submit a help ticket.

Erawal

FYI, just in case anyone comes upon my post above (where I commented on the slowness of BH in the web interface for someone like me with thousands of songs in their database): 

After I filed a help ticket, Arlo tweaked something (it turns out something was amiss with my database settings), and I now am able to access Bandhelper vie the web interface at a much more acceptable speed. 

I just wanted to make a note of that here, because I often wish that people who resolved their problems through a separate help ticket would loop back to the forum where they initially described their problem, to let folks know the issue can be/has been resolved.   

Arlo, I really appreciate your help.  So nice to have an app that's supported by a responsive developer/tech team. 

arlo

Moon Dog

I have a solution for some of you....
Dual Boot.
I have setup my mac to run both Catalina and Mohave.
I run my Protools 10 and all the old stuff everyone still needs on Catalina and if I need to run Bandhelper or my Logic Pro X or a million other things that only work on the later builds, I reboot into Mohave.
BOOM...you are welcome.

LesStrangers

Thank you, Arlo. It's a sound and stable Mac Application! You amaze.

Lexkam

I really love BandHelper and use it for years now on the iPad.

Just installed it on my iMac and I was wandering where BH stores all the (downloaded)data?
I'm trying to keep my main SSD as clean as possible, so I run apps like BH from an external SSD and like it if all the songs etc are stored on the external as well.

arlo

The database data, which is typically under 1 MB, is stored in ~/Library/Containers/BandHelper/Data/Library. Attached documents and recordings are in ~/Library/Containers/BandHelper/Data/Documents. You can't change these locations, but you might be able to move the Documents folder to an external drive and make an alias to it from the default location.

Lexkam

Thanks Arlo, you are the best! never seen a developer who is more dedicated than you, really.

Found the file right where you mentioned they would be. Moved them to my external SSD and Aliased but that trick did not seem to work.
But thanks anyway, I'll just stick to how it was.

arlo

Okay, it is a macOS security feature to restrict App Store apps to the ~/Library/Containers folder by default, so maybe that's why the alias didn't work. Apps can access other folders with more complicated code, so I'll put a custom download folder setting on my wish list.