Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Mac Version Install Issue

Started by arlo, March 24, 2020, 10:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

Due to an issue with Apple's new Mac porting tools, I had to re-release the Mac version of BandHelper under a different app ID. This means if you installed the Mac app before today, you will unfortunately need to install it again using the current app store version in order to receive future updates.

How do I know if I need to install again?
Apps installed before today, March 24, will either have an app version number lower than 4.1.8, or will have a display name of "BandHelper X." If either of these is true for you, you have the old app ID and you will need to install again.

How can I keep my existing settings?
You should be able to install the new app before deleting the old app. First, download the new app from this link and enter your login info. Then resize the new app window to the same size as the old app window so any layouts you created will work well. Finally, compare the Settings pages between the two apps and reenter any important settings. Then you can remove the old app, which will either have a version number lower than 4.1.8, or will be named "BandHelper X."

Will this happen again?
I don't think so. I worked with Apple for two weeks to find a better solution to this issue, and this was the only way to get past this hurdle. But from here on, I expect app installs and updates to work normally.