Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Setlist, pull out a random song, then back to setlist....sorta

Started by themetallikid, December 15, 2019, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themetallikid

So this past weekend I did my 3rd solo acoustic show and the auto scroll feature is great (when I remember to trigger it), I love having the setlist end time, show end time on my screen to know right where i'm at duration.....the timer of my breaks is fantastic and keeps me on point.....love it....

however, I had an instance in both my 2nd and 3rd sets where someone wanted to hear something by a specific band, I had a song or two I could do, and backed out of my setlist and then went back in....however I then had to swipe/scroll through 1 to 2 sets to get back to where I was...which meant standing there doing not much for about 20 seconds trying to babble to the crowd.  lol..

Is there a better way to handle this?  I know I could make seperate setlists for each set...but that seems like it removes the above benefits of seeing the show time and set break times....

arlo

If you want to add a new song on the fly for any reason, you can click the Quick Add button in the bottom toolbar and then select a song from your complete song list. There's no need to leave the set list view.

If you want to jump around in the set list for any other reason, you can invoke the song list (the default layouts have a song list button you can click, or a two-fingered tap layout action, to show it) and then select any song to jump to it. There's no need to step through all the songs one at a time.

themetallikid

So I recently had another solo show, and have another one this weekend.  I have not revisited this topic since my last show.  However, I have setup a custom layout that only displays what I want, and really works great. 

So it sounds like there is an option to add the setlist/songlist to my layout correct?

arlo

Yes, you can edit your layout, click an empty spot and select Other > Song List. Then you can position that over the other items if you want, assuming you will only show it when you're selecting songs and hide it when you're playing songs. Then you can edit your layout details and sent Hide Song List to Song Selection and Show/Hide Song List to Two-Fingered Tap. Alternatively, you can add Other > Song List Button to your layout and click that to show the song list.