Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

FastTrack Pro as input for practice session

Started by Turnaround, March 31, 2020, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnaround

I have an iPad 2 and an M-Audio FastTrack Pro interface.  The FastTrack is connected to the iPad via the camera connection adapter.  I have set up Band Helper with the playback controls allowing me to play an audio track and slow it down to learn the parts.  At the same time I would like to have my guitar plugged into the FastTrack and have the output routed through the iPad so that I can hear everything on my wireless headphones - both the recording and the guitar.  I can get the recordings from BandHelper on the headphones but as soon as I power up the FastTrack the audio is lost, and there is no aoutput from the FastTrack either.

Perhaps I am asking too much, but it would be nice to hear the recording and my guitar simultaneously in the wireless headset.  Any ideas?

arlo

I think you could probably change your audio output back to the headphones from the iOS Control Center, but there's no simple way to mix incoming audio with app audio and send it to the headphones. You'd have to run a mixer app that supports inter-app audio, and route the app audio and input audio through that. You could try GarageBand, but I don't know if it would be worth the effort.

The other option would be to send the app audio out to the FastTrack, mix it with your guitar audio there, and connect your headphones to that, but then you wouldn't be able to use Bluetooth headphones.

Maybe someone has another idea?