Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Chordpro Import doesn't seem to work on Android.

Started by wasstoned, May 16, 2020, 12:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasstoned

Using the Android version of SetListMaker v3.1.10(151) and when trying to import a .chopro song it won't let me select the file. I can navigate to it and I can see it but I cannot select it. I have tried local storage and cloud storage both with no success, it's like the file is in a format the software doesn't understand. A .txt file will show as selectable but a .chopro does not it's greyed.

When I try the batch method I get a "File Not Found" - "There are no documents that aren't already attached to a song. (537)." I don't get given an option to select a location on the file system.

This is on a Samsung S10 phone but it's the same behaviour on my S5e tablet too.

Please can you assist?

arlo

wasstoned

so from within Songs I'm pressing the sheet of paper with the plus in the middle followed by either Documents (batch) or Chorpro (single)

arlo

Then where are you selecting the documents from? And how did you put the documents there?

wasstoned

first it was on cloud drive then i moved them to local storage, in documents location. files are extracted from a zip, I've looked for read only permission but file has read/write. I've opened the file in notepad and it's contents are fine. it's almost as though the extension is not recognised

arlo

arlo

For the batch import, you need to select a document directory in Settings > General Settings > Document Directory. Then the app will look in that directory for files to import.

For the single file import, Android should let you select any plain text files, regardless of file extension, but sometimes it gets confused between plain text and binary files and shows some plain text files as not selectable. If that's happening, you can turn on Help > Utilities > Use Old File Picker and then it will look at the file extensions, but then you will only be able to select local files, not files on cloud storage.