Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Now playing..

Started by hopehighway, June 19, 2020, 08:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopehighway

So.. in this new age of streaming -
wondering if there is an easy way to output <now playing> information to use with a streaming software - html file or separate text files for 'song name', 'songwriter'?
something akin to the setlist web widget.
would love to incorporate that into a stream - i've been using mostly OBS, but playing around with options.  Thanks.

arlo

What platform are you running this from? If it's iOS, the ability to share files between apps is limited. That's easier on Android or on a Mac with the Mac app.

The second issue is standards ... is there a standardized way that most streaming apps use? I wouldn't want to implement this separately for each streaming app.

hopehighway

the first answer is painful - I'm usually running BH on an iPad (or 2), but have been streaming on OBS on a win10 laptop, which is my first PC time since XP.
But i do sometimes use a mac laptop as well - gotta consider the jump to the newer OS, which i've been avoiding having gotten burned on several items with my last upgrade.. but it's a bit silly since that pain has already been inflicted. 

In terms of standards, the lowest common denominator I can think of is individual text files - optimally separate Title & Artist (or I have a custom field for songwriter) -  it's what i've gone to on OBS for lower 3rd title graphics and such, because you can just update and save (so I have "Name A", "Title A", "Name B", "Title B", etc.. files).  I was thinking of trying to use an html option, so it could either be just 'now playing', or a cumulative list of songs played that compiles throughout the set.

I've been hoping to encounter a way of using a single spreadsheet or database for the titling data, but i have yet to sort out how to get the streaming program(s) to query xls

Just thought it would help with the interactivity that some of the streaming sites seem to be targeting.
And, a little after-thought - if it can be done, perhaps a slight/variable delay could be applied, so you don't give away the next tune while... tuning.

TIA for giving it some thought.
-tim

arlo

Can you find out if any of the other streaming software you've used has the same functionality to read in these text files?