Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

App crashes after opening since 7/9/2020

Started by themetallikid, July 10, 2020, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themetallikid

hey Arlo,

I apologize, wasnt sure where to post this, but i was working in my app yesterday and created a 2nd project name (on the website) for my solo acoustic shows, and also created checklists to remind me to send out posters at the beginning of each month and when i went into the app to refresh it to see if it was going to be visible in a way that made sense to me, it crashed

Since then i cannot get it to open in my original created project, but if i grabbed my 2nd project it would not crash.  Almost like the file information for my main one Tomorrows Eve was corrupted somehow.

Ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, ive tried uninstall>restart>install and no luck.  It still opens to the project page, and if i let it sit for a second. Gives me an error and is forced shut.  Even if i try to click last it quickly into that project it still shuts down in the same time frame (about 3 seconds). 

Any help or ideas?  I sent feedback via the android screen, but beyond that, not sure what to do. 

arlo

You have some checklists that are linked to multiple events, and are set as favorites. This causes the crash because the project main menu assumes checklists will only be linked to one event. I'll fix this in the next update. Meanwhile, you can edit those checklists on the website and remove the Favorite setting so the app doesn't try to display them on the main menu.

I happen to know this because someone reported the same problem yesterday. Usually I would ask for a help ticket to troubleshoot a crash: http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1390.0.html

themetallikid

Makes total sense.  My idea with the checklists is tied i to my other thread about potential updates.  Ill await your reply there if there is a better option

arlo

The bug on the main menu should be fixed in the new version 3.1.16 released today:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

themetallikid

Hey Arlo,

Still having issues with two different versions of the andoid apps.  I have a tablet with an older version of android (dont know the version number off hand) but its always run solid.  Other device is my samsung galaxy 10, with latest available android version.  Both apps will load and almost immediately start flashing an android folder destination type error that cannot be cleared only close the app. 

Ive uninstalled, restarted, installed again... and same issue. 

The phone app version has been happening about a month or so but gotten much more frequent.  The tablet has had 0 issues til i fired it up this weekend. 

arlo

Sounds like a different problem. What exactly does the error message say?

themetallikid

Of course i cant get my phone to show it.  Ill ha e to see if i can duplicate it later tonight at home. 

Side question, i cant get the app to download the document files on my phone.  Thursdays gig found me with an uncharged tablet and tried using the app on my phone.  When i tried to pull up first song, it said document not available and needed to be downloaded.  When i clicked download, the activity flashedike it was doing something but nothing ever downloaded.  Had to pull up website and pull each one up automatically.  I have doenload over cell network turned on, and even tried over wifi, same issue.  Am i missing a setting or better way to have a backup plan?

arlo

Please submit a help ticket for that third issue.

themetallikid

Ok, the error message I get on both phone/tablet (different android versions, and even after fresh installs) reads as:

Download Error
---------------------------
The file download directory is missing and could not be created.  Please use a file manager app to create a directory at /storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files/ (226)

this error flash constantly, and you cannot click the 'ok' button.  It has to be forced shut.  Sometimes a fresh install works, but only until I close it and reopen it again, then same thing happens.

arlo

When you delete and reinstall an app, Android doesn't recreate the data directory like it's supposed to. You'll need to create the directory yourself as described in the error message.

themetallikid

I think the directory issue is resolved...  i created it as directed, but when looking through the settings the spot in general settings wasnt showing the full folder path, had to click through and choose them. 

We will see 8f this resolves it, ill try that on my tablet as well tonight. 

I tried downloading the documents I n my phone and still nothing there. Just an update from this side

themetallikid

Opened the app today and same issue on the tablet.  Tried creating the folder path and its just not having it or seeing it. 

On my phone's version it said that it could not save the downloaded files that were synced.  I tried fresh installs and no luck. 

I dont know....it just seems weird both of my devices running different versions of android are having the same problem.  Why would the app not create the folder path, isnt that part of the installation process?

themetallikid

Specifically the error says "we were not able to save the file downloaded from the sync service. (218)

arlo

Android doesn't give my app permission to create a directory in its app data area. Android creates it when installing an app for the first time, but if you delete the app Android removes it and if you reinstall the app Android doesn't recreate it. It seems like an Android bug.

If you created the directory and are now getting a different error message, please submit a help ticket.

themetallikid

I think I fixed both of them.  I went into Settings>Apps and cleared the cache/data for the app.  closed the app, restarted the device....when I started it up again, I had to log back in, and both tablet and phone worked fine.  I'll retry again tomorrow and see how it turns out.