Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Please add a parametric EQ

Started by Kiff, July 11, 2020, 12:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiff

Hi Arlo,
Setlist Maker.
Is there any chance of a parametric eq being made available in "Settings/recordings" to be saved along with
individual songs in the same manner as +/- Volume?
I record using a DAW and then playback through SLM on a PA system and sometimes
getting a good mix can come down to a small amount of EQ to match with current working repertoire.
There is always a bit of guesswork between studio monitors and a PA system and a parametric eq
would be such a game changer.
Cheers
Kiff

arlo

This is on my wish list and I can add a vote for you. But are you talking about playing through the same PA system every time, or tweaking your EQ from one show to another depending on what PA system you're playing through?

Kiff

Mostly playing it through the same PA, but can still tweek if required.
I really should only have to change room eq on my system mixer depending on location, so the song eq remains the same once sorted.
Cheers

arlo

Okay, I'll let you know if I can add that.

Kiff

Hi Arlo,

"In the event you add eq to SLM".
If it ever becomes a choice between Graphic and/or Parametric, please add my vote for Parametric
as it is a more flexible and accurate solution.

Cheers
Kiff

arlo

Kiff

Hi Arlo,
Wondering about my request for a parametric eq for individual songs in setlist maker?
Many users don't have the luxury of a home studio to change/improve the eq on third party supplied music
for a one off function.
Being given some essential music to include at short notice, all with different issues such as high bass level, harsh midrange, low bass level etc.,
I was unable to quickly tweak the individual songs for an acceptable result.
The client was disappointed, admittedly they should have done their homework, but with access to attached eq per song SLM could
have saved the day.
Above and beyond that scenario any SLM user could really tweak and even out their repertoire.
I realise it has been a while since my first request for this, but the need hasn't gone away.
Look forward to your reply
Cheers
Kiff

arlo

If I can do this, I will post an update here.

Kiff

KeytarPaul

I'd like to add my vote to this request if it is possible.

If not - is there anyway to route the audio from the player to another EQ App and out the USB connection - on Android (Yikes)

arlo

I don't think Android supports inter-app audio. If you're outputting the audio through the USB interface, is there a reason you can't apply EQ after that?