Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using Bandhelper to change snapshots on Behringer mixers

Started by greiswig, August 08, 2020, 03:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greiswig

Hi,

I searched, but couldn't find this. It seems like it should be do-able, but I can't figure out how.

As I run through a set list on my iPad and select the next song, I'd like to have Bandhelper send a snapshot change message to either my X32 or my XAir mixer. So if the first song in the set uses Snapshot 1, and the second song uses Snapshot 4, that second song being selected would automatically change the mixer to Snapshot 4.

I'm not sure this can be done? But it feels like I should be able to do that.

Oh, and importantly, I'm using a bluetooth foot pedal already to page Bandhelper on the iPad, so I can't use something like a bluetooth MIDI adapter, I gather?

Is the MIDI protocol for change commands like that not available? Or do you need a hardwire hookup between the iPad and mixer to accomplish this?

Thank you!

arlo

Please see "HOW CAN I SEND MIDI TO ANOTHER APP OR DEVICE TO PERFORM SOME ACTION" in the FAQ:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/FAQ.html

You can use multiple Bluetooth devices together, so using a foot pedal and a MIDI adapter will be fine.

Moon Dog

YES you can do this I do it all night long..
I use BandHelper via my iPad and send Midi control messages to my Behringer XR18 to change snapshots. I have a different snapshot for my Acoustic Guitar, Uke, Mandolin, Lap Steel and Electric Guitar. Different EQs, Different Sub mixes etc. Its awesome....and it is all accomplished via wireless Bluetooth midi too! Works perfect.
Here's the catch, Behringer decided they are #1. What this means is there is no way to change the channel it receives midi data. And if you are like me, you have already assigned Channel 1 to another midi system. So......you have to reassign some midi channels to get 1 freed up for your Behringer.
Note:I have 4 midi systems on stage and they all run flawlessly with wireless Bluetooth midi. I use the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter. Do you know how many cables and splitters this eliminated? And thanks to Arlo's programming, everything works and it is stable. Remember if you turn anything off and on after connecting the Midi adapter, you will need to reconnect.
Have fun.
Moon Dog.