Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adding Color To Lyrics

Started by dotonemanband, September 03, 2020, 05:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotonemanband

My view on my tablet is a black background with white lettering. No other color showing. I'd like to add color to certain parts of lyric lines. For example I've set up lyrics and add a chord (A7) during the lyric line so that I know the chord changes when needed. I'd like to be able to hi-lite the chord (A7) with another color so it stands out. Or another option would be to hi-lite the whole chorus lyrics in another color. It would be nice on the computer view to hi-lite what you'd like changed and then have that option to change the hi-lited area to the color you'd prefer. But I've tried that and that doesn't work. Suggestions?

Ahiru

We use the colorization feature extensively, as illustrated in this more complex example, with these conventions:
White - solo vocal
Blue - Solo with harmony vocal
Green - Other vocal in backgraound
Yellow - Inline chords
Red - Other notes like note hints, flow, etc.

The text colors are changed easily by highlighting a section in the web interface and using the color widget to apply the color.

We have settings Chord Color = Yellow, and Bracketed Chords = Inline to acheive the automatic chord coloring.

See second image for an example of appearance in the web interface.

It all works great for rapid comprehension with just a glance while playing.

arlo

QuoteI'd like to be able to hi-lite the chord (A7) with another color so it stands out.

As Ahiru mentioned, you can change Settings > Appearance > Chords Color to color all the chords automatically. This is 99% accurate when your chords are placed directly into your lyrics and 100% accurate when you surround your chords with square brackets (ChordPro formatting).

QuoteOr another option would be to hi-lite the whole chorus lyrics in another color. It would be nice on the computer view to hi-lite what you'd like changed and then have that option to change the hi-lited area to the color you'd prefer. But I've tried that and that doesn't work. Suggestions?

You can use the color picker above the Lyrics field in the apps or the website. If you're doing that and it doesn't work, please submit a help ticket.

dotonemanband

Thanks Ahiru and Arlo ... that worked ... I tried the Chords Color option and wow ... that really saved alot of time. I thought I'd have to go through each song and adjust ... again thanks for your assistance ...

arlo