Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Broadcast screen latency issues

Started by pingber, October 01, 2020, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingber

I'm running an iPad Air2 on the receiving end and an iPad Pro on the broadcasting end. I set the pro to broadcast, then go to the air and select the pro to display. If it's upon initial boot up, then I get the "accept" screen on the pro. If it's just a refresh, then I don't. I'm assuming that is normal?

What really concerns me is how long it takes for the "receiver" to actually display the "sender" screen. Sometimes as long as 4-5 seconds after everything is up and running and we're playing the tunes.   I've refreshed, I've restarted, etc etc. Same issue. Just to let you know, I have the sender (iPad Pro) issuing midi through a wireless midi controller (Yamaha) into a BeatBuddy. AND I also have a Bluetooth page turner as well. All devices are on latest iOS 14.01

While I'm at it, would it be faster if I turned bt off on the receiving iPad Air? The bt page turner is on the pro, the sending unit.

Kind of confused here as it's working, but not well enough.

Thanks
Phil

arlo

Quote"If it's upon initial boot up, then I get the "accept" screen on the pro. If it's just a refresh, then I don't. I'm assuming that is normal?

I'm not sure what you mean by "just a refresh." If a following device has previously been accepted by the lead device but gets disconnected and reconnects, the lead device won't prompt you to accept the connection again. The lead device caches the acceptance until the app quits.

QuoteWhat really concerns me is how long it takes for the "receiver" to actually display the "sender" screen. Sometimes as long as 4-5 seconds after everything is up and running and we're playing the tunes.

Are you referring to the initial display of the screen image after connecting, or the ongoing updates as the lead device changes its screen image?

QuoteWhile I'm at it, would it be faster if I turned bt off on the receiving iPad Air?

You can try it, but I don't think it will make a difference. The data will be transmitted over wi-fi if the devices are on the same wi-fi network.