Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

How about changing Recording key/pitch for everyone?

Started by JerryK, May 04, 2021, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryK

When I upload a Recording for everyone to work from, it would be great if I could change its pitch (probably for just that song, if it could be attached to several versions or Smart Copies) instead of everyone needing to do it for themselves.
I had supposed that changing it on my iPad affected it for everyone but I think not.
I guess I could change it before uploading but I prefer to upload in the original key, and name it as such, in case it needs moving again, which happens with new material.
Could a Smart Copy, if in a different key, also keyshift a recording?  Very handy.  That's mostly what Smart Copies are for, in my world.

arlo

The pitch shift settings are shared by everyone.

If you wanted a two copies of the same recording in different keys, you'd have to add the recording to the song twice and pitch-shift one of the copies. Or if you made a smart copy of the song, you'd have to add a second copy of the recording to the smart copy and pitch-shift that copy.

JerryK

Ok, I'm not sure how I convinced myself otherwise but thanks.
Ah, maybe because the pitch options are not offered on my Android emulator for PC. Could that be it?  It's LDPlayer.  I used to use Andyroid, which maybe did, but that stopped working on Windows 10, so I had to change.
Thanks
Jerry

arlo

Pitch shifting on Android requires Android 6 or newer, so if your simulator has an older Android version, that would explain it. (On older Android versions, the recording will just play at the default pitch.)

JerryK