Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Video’s for playback to big

Started by Snuf, May 05, 2021, 12:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuf

Hello,

Upgraded from setlistmaker to bandhelper. We are using video's during performance and they are quite big. Because of the limit of 500 mb i can't use bandhelper for my gigs. Is there a way to use local files on my ipad which don't need to sync? Tried putting the files in the bandhelper folder but then it crashes.
Snuf

arlo

You can go through the steps of attaching a video to a song, but instead of selecting the file, turn on the Copy To Devices Manually option. Then place the file into the BandHelper data folder on your iPad, and BandHelper will play it but won't try to sync it.

Snuf

Hello,

Tried this,
In songs, in documents, in Recordings,

Get this message: max 50MB

Did select The manual option

Snuf

Oh,

Did this online on the website but you must do this on the iPad.

😜

arlo

You can add the video (document) to the song in the website, but you should not select the file. I can't tell from your screen shot if you did that because the error message covers the file selection button. But I don't think that error would appear if you didn't select a file.

Snuf

Hello,

Having a lot of problems on the ipad, crashing and changing names of files in the bandhelper folder.

When i go to a song and add a document after selecting manual copy and selecting the movie  it changes the name in the folder. Some movies i use several times but after adding a second time i get errors. What is the best way to add a video?

Snuf

Ok,

Its a lot of work but its working now.
For every video which you use more then once you have to add the video in bandhelper with the manual option. When you sabe this, bandhelper will change the videofile name so you can't use this file again. What i fid is paste the same video over and over after each song.
We use a merchandise video with many songs which is the same.
Hope this will work better in a new version. I'm still verry glad that there is bandhelper!! And i changed from setlistmaker

arlo

BandHelper doesn't support using the same file for multiple songs. If you want to do that, you can add a separate copy of the file to each song, or you can place the same song into your set list multiple times.

However, I have to revoke my earlier statement that you should not select a file when using the Copy to Devices Manually option. If you don't select a file, BandHelper won't know the file format of the file you're using and won't be able to connect to it. I just updated the website to require a file selection, although the file won't actually be uploaded so you won't hit the upload size limit. This same change will be in the next app versions.

Snuf

Thx Arlo!

A future feature might be:
to make an option within a setlist creation to select a video which is always played as default when there is none selected in a song or during breaks.

Snuf

arlo

Okay, I'll put that on my wish list.

Snuf

And maybe also cycle that video continuously

arlo

arlo

In today's app release, you can open a document's edit page (a video is considered a document) and turn on the Pinned to All Songs option. Then that video will appear under the document button for any song you view.

If you want quick access to all the pinned documents, you can add the Multiple Document Buttons item to your layout. You can also assign screen gestures or remote control buttons to specific pinned documents.