Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI stops working...still

Started by go2ldook, May 16, 2021, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

go2ldook

Arlo:

I am reposting this issue after having gone through extensive trial and error to correct it. I am still having MIDI crashes during performances.

Here is my set-up:
iPad Pro with current iOS update, all apps are up to date
Bandhelper is up to date and runs a MIDI file concurrently with Backing tracks to operate program changes on my gear and looping commands for Loopy HD
Audiobus 3 routes audio only (not using its MIDI routing features, though tried that as a fix, didn't help)
Loopy HD
Totalmix Fx (app for my RME Babyface Pro)

This was a stable set-up until sometime last fall when the MIDI crashes started. Since I was not gigging at the time and not playing much, hard to say when, but maybe as early as October.

Today I deleted all the apps and did clean re-installs. This actually solved a second problem I had reported with audio popping. Audiobus was the culprit there (re-installed it first and that issue stopped). Unfortunately the MIDI crashes persist, usually working fine for several songs, but then stops responding globally. Once MIDI crashes I can no longer send MIDI Presets when selecting a new song to my gear and to Loopy HD. The issue is not isolated to the MIDI files I run.

I installed Loopy HD, Audiobus 3 and TotalMixFX on an old iPad (iOS 12.4.2) with an earlier version of Bandhelper (4.0.8), and it all works without MIDI crashes. I can sort of work with this set-up, but my loops are slightly off as I currently count on the ability to put in a 0.02 sec audio delay on my backing tracks, and this early version of BH does not have that feature.

So Bandhelper would seem to be the issue...either that or the newer iOS. I am hoping you can now look at this issue for me and try to find a solution!

arlo

Please submit a help ticket, and describe what action leads to the crash:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html