Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Chord positioning with proportional fonts

Started by zaphod_69, May 26, 2021, 06:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod_69

Hi Arlo, when are you planning to implement the function to place chord above lyrics in the right position when using proportional fonts?
Non-proportional fonts (Monotype fonts, Fixed width letters) take much more space than proportional fonts.
This means, that for wide text with Monotype fonts you have to scale much smaller than with proportional fonts.
It's a very important feature for me and I think other users will be excited too.

Thank you in advance

arlo

This is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

arlo

P.S. An alternative is to put your chords in the Chords field and your lyrics in the Lyrics field as in the attached screen shot. Then you can change the lyrics font to Proportional without affecting the chords. Personally, I think this is much better than chords-over-lyrics because it allows you to see the timing of the chord changes, and players can more easily see and memorize the chord structure.

zaphod_69

Hello Arlo,

Thanks for the tip. Your suggestion is certainly a workable solution for one or the other musician. In fact, I also use this solution for simple songs. With more complex songs, however, I orient myself very strongly on the lyrics. This has the advantage that you don't have to count the bars permanently for longer complex songs.
For me, the solution to display chords directly above the lyrics is the best solution. In Bandhelper there is also the possibility to hide chords that are in square brackets, so this is also a very good solution for singers who don't need the chords.
I would ask you very much to include the desired function, so that the chords are positioned at the right place even with proportional fonts. This function would be very important to me and I can imagine very well that this is also very important for many other musicians. 
Come, please give yourself a jolt and implement the function.

Thank you for your understanding!

zaphod_69

One more note, as far as I can remember I used to be able to set the font for each project separately. Now this only works for the whole account, although the setting can be made in each project. Maybe this is just a bug.  What do you think?

arlo

Regarding the project settings, that's how it has always worked. The Settings menu appears after selecting a project, but it does in fact apply to the whole account. That's also on my list to change but I'm not sure what the best alternative is.

arlo

ChordPro positioning with proportional fonts is now supported with today's app releases.

zaphod_69

Thank you very much arlo this is a great news! :)