Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Colour code midi presets

Started by Kiff, July 01, 2021, 03:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiff

With regard
to automation entries being edited.
Is there any possibility midi presets can be colour coded?
Perhaps a colour dropdown similar to that used in song details.
I can see this as such a time saver in the automation editing process.
Cheers
Kiff

arlo

Can you give an example of how you would use this?

I already have tags for MIDI presets on my wish list. I can imagine that categories would be a similar approach.

Kiff

Well currently I have automation for lyrics, moving the page up so that the current verse is at the top of the display
which means it's hard to get lost.
Then there are midi presets which turn various effects on and off.
All of those entries are "white" which means sorting through preset titles, I could imagine just looking at only yellow entries
knowing they are all lights, blue being effects ... etc., instantly narrowing the target entry.
Even using time to edit can be confusing with all white entries, when some of which are very close.
The most edited presets for me are lights, and this would really help.

arlo

Got it, I'll let you know if I can add this.

Kiff

Hi Arlo,
Was hoping for any further thoughts on colour coding of MIDI presets.
It has occurred to me that colour coding will also allow filtering by colour to remove or copy specific presets.
I have had many occasions where this would be so useful.
Cheers
Kiff.

arlo

arlo

In the new app version released today, you can add colors to MIDI presets, and filter by color on the Repertoire > MIDI Presets list and the MIDI preset picker.

Florian

Hi Arlo
Color Midi presets option is awesome.
Would it be possible for the Midi presets to also be coloured in the Midi layout?
Many thanks 👍

arlo

I thought that would get messy, especially since the currently selected preset is colored orange, but I will put that on my wish list.

Florian

Hi,
It could get messy but for some users might be worth it. I'm only talking about colouring when it is selected.
As a singer-guitarist, I use BH mainly to trigger Midi presets with a single button, going from Verse to Chorus to Solo etc
If it's too messy, at least you could change the colour of the current Midi preset icon only.
Whatever you do, that'll be great !

Kiff

Hi Arlo,
Thank you for implementing the colour coding on MIDI presets.
I have changed the colours however when I open up automation editing all the presets remain white.
I have closed and reopened the app, turn the iPad off and on to no avail.
OS version 17.4
App version (118)
Cheers
Kiff

arlo

Ah, I forgot that was the original reason for this request. Showing colors in the popovers (from the automation edit window or the MIDI preset button) will be complicated, especially on Android, but I'll look further into that.

Kiff

Well good to know I don't need a help ticket, I have a number of lighting presets specifically for solos,
and coloured pink for instance immediately shows you where the solo is in the edit window time line.
I'm ipad only, so really looking forward to a faster editing experience, thank you.
Cheers
Kiff

Ahiru

I'd like to add a vote for this too (presuming it also applies to BandHelper), being disappointed not to see the preset colors show up in the Automation edit screens (on iPad).  (Also I'd really love to see the font size of the preset names at least as large as the timing fonts in the Automation lists, since it's most often the presets I'm searching for, not the time stamps.)