Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Hdmi connection usb-c ipad or airplay forces audio to beamer

Started by Snuf, July 08, 2021, 02:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuf

Hello,

I'm still testing to work with video and i've a problem with the audio comming from a recording.
I'm using an ipad pro with usb-c connected to a komplete audio interface audio 6.
In the audio settings i have set the komplete audio inputs. When starting airplay to a apple tv or when connecting a hdmi cable in the usb-c interface the audio plays to the apple tv and i only want the video to go there. The audio has to go through the interface an mixer. How can i solve this?

Snuf

Mmm,
I don't know exactly what i did but it's working now. Tried a different usb-c dongle with seperate audio and it's working. But when i inserted the first dongle it now also is working. Maybe because of reinserting the dongle it recognizes the interface?

Snuf

I know what works now,
First make a airplay connection for the video from the apple sync menu. Then connect the usb-c dongle and the audio switches to the interface. It works with airplay also with the hdmi cable inserted

Snuf

Still its not 100% reliable and it will switch the audio to the beamer sometimes.
Is there a work around for this? How are other bands playing with video?

arlo

Can you get the audio further downstream, from the projector or whatever the Apple TV is connected to, rather than trying to split it off at the iPad?

Snuf

Thought about getting a hdmi/audio splitter but decided to use my macbook instead which is more reliable for playback video and audio.