Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi Song Number

Started by Neill00, August 10, 2021, 10:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

If I understand correctly this field is for bandhelper receiving information.  Is there a way for bandhelper to send something like this in which it will do the bank and PC calculations based on the number entered.  ie: if I want preset 412 on another device I simply enter 412 into Bandhelper and it will calculate to send bank 3 PC 27 to the device?

arlo

No, if you want to send a bank and program number you'll have to enter both of those numbers into a MIDI Preset. There's no standard way to convert between a bank/program combination and a single number.

Neill00

OK thanks, I saw the "Midi Song Number" and thought it might be similar to a feature on the Mastermind GT by RJM which has a "Flat Numbering" option that automatically converts the midi that is sent.  Just like the example I gave above, if you enter 412 into flat numbering it will convert that and send Bank 3 PC 27.  Or perhaps it just blindly stores Bank 3 PC 27 but displays 412 in the viewed edit section.   

arlo

It makes sense what they're doing, but that's not a part of the MIDI spec and it would only be useful for equipment that implements this "extra" feature in the same way. Hopefully their device can also work with standard bank and program numbers so you don't have to do the conversions yourself.