Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Questions, Midi Presets, Airturn

Started by muzztone, July 19, 2021, 04:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzztone

BandHelper remains brilliant. Almost nothing it can't do!

I'm trying build an automated lighting controller and have Midi presets for each lighting cue.  When I add them to a song, they grey out and can't be added twice.  However I may want to use a preset more than once. is this possible?

I'm using an Airturn BT200S-2 in App-Direct mode because sometimes it needs to switch presets in the background.

But I also plan to get a second one to control the system from a different stage position.  Can it also run in app-direct mode with the same IOS device, simultaneously with the first.

Many thanks.

arlo

MIDI presets are faded to remind you they have already been added, but you can still select them and add them again.

I think you can use two AirTurn units in app-direct mode. However, when I tested this (years ago) I was testing with different actions from each unit. I could try it again with two units triggering the same actions.

arlo

I just tried this with two AirTurns in AirDirect mode sending the same messages and it worked fine.

Some years ago, you could customize the incoming AirDirect messages in my apps to trigger different actions from different AirTurn units. However, now the AirTurn messages are hard-coded to Up and Down (for 2-button units), Up, Down, Left and Right (for 4-button units) or Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter and Space (for 6-button units). So if you have two, 2-button units, they will both send Up and Down messages.

muzztone

Belatedly, thanks for this help.  The setup has moved on and I have a new question in another thread just posted.