Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Batch import playlist iTunes on iPad

Started by gearstudios, July 18, 2021, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearstudios

I have been searching the forum if anyone else has posted having an issue.  Couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have a playlist of 43 songs that I need to batch import into Bandhelper so I don't have to manually add. I just truly need the title and artist. When I select the playlist it shows the songs. I click continue and the app seems to freeze then will crash. I'm using an iPad Pro. Any insight would be helpful.

TIA!

arlo

I would try breaking this up into smaller playlists, starting with a playlist of just one song, and see how that goes. If you still have a problem, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

gearstudios

Did one song in a play list. That worked. But I don't have time to trouble shoot this. I needed these in place before this weekend.  I used the app shortcuts on my iPad to extract the list of songs from the playlist to create a spreadsheet to import through the website. 

Is the issue with the iPads processor not able to process that many songs at once in a playlist?

arlo

Maybe it's too processor or memory intensive, or maybe there's one or more recordings that are formatted in some unusual way that breaks the import.

If you only need titles and artists, then the spreadsheet approach is good because it doesn't require extracting and importing the audio files, as the playlist import does.

gearstudios

To add additional info that could be a factor. I'm a subscriber to Apple Music. The songs will be DRM protected and can't be exported or copied out of the library. I also have purchased music in my library that is DRM free that can be copied or exported out.

Regardless, using a spreadsheet to import the songs quickly worked without issue. I was able to manipulate them in sets and add notes as needed to each song.

Bandhelper is a powerful tool for a band. I enjoy using it.

arlo

Do you mean the import only crashes if you have an Apple Music recording in the set list?