Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recordings Issues

Started by MikeyJ, August 28, 2022, 04:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyJ

Hi Arlo,

Was doing a little cleanup of the Recordings list and ran into a couple of issues.

1. Was deleting recordings that are no longer in use and some will not delete. It acts as if it's done it but then it still shows in the list. As a test I tried to modify the title of one of the recordings in question and resave it and get a "There was a problem renaming your recording. Please try again. (503). So it appears that it really is gone but still showing.

2. When I attach a recording to a song the recording appears twice in the recordings list. The original recording is listed by title with it's file type, date and time listed under it and another entry follows it with an identical title but none of the other info under it and it is highlighted. Either one of the entries is clickable and will play. If I remove the attached recording from the song and save the song, the highlighted recording disappears and it looks normal. Is this really the way it's been all along and I'm just having a "senior moment?

I'm on version 2022-08-12 (74)

Thx!

arlo

Local recordings show the file type and date/time, while iTunes recordings show the artist and album if those are set. It sounds like you have a mixture of both.

Local recordings will appear in the list as long as they are in the app's data directory, but will be faded if they are not attached to any song in the current database.

iTunes recordings will only appear in the list if any songs in the current database link to them, and you cannot rename or delete them from the app (it won't give you the option).

I can answer your specific questions if you submit a help ticket and include some specific examples.