Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

BandHelper & Quad Cortex

Started by iDoctor, September 23, 2021, 12:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDoctor

Hello partners

Someone using the QUAD CORTEX DSP device with the bandhelper via Midi? Do you have information on how to send the tap tempo from BH? and the preset number?
This I usually do with Voicelive 3 and Beatbuddy, but I have no information on what to put in Program Change or how to transmit the tempo to my new device.

Thanks!

arlo

What does the Quad Cortex user manual say about MIDI integration?

iDoctor

Hi Arlow

Here I provide the manual. I've got tap tempo to work on 4 devices but can't get it to work with Quad Cortex. As indicated if you accept it
It would be enough to be able to send the Tempo initially when executing the song and that it will be fixed during that preset. I have seen that it is the cc44 command, but I can't get it to work.

https://downloads.neuraldsp.com/file/quad-cortex/Quad%20Cortex%20User%20Manual%201_0_0.pdf

I would appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks!

arlo

You can go to Settings > Tempo & Pitch, turn on Send Custom MIDI and enter B0 2C 7F into the code field. That would send CC 44 on channel 1. To send on a different channel, you can change that second digit (in hex code: 0 is channel 1, F is channel 16).

Then edit a song and enter the desired tempo into the Tempo field, then view the song and click the tempo button to send it. While it's sending, you can click the MIDI icon in the top toolbar and look at the Activity Log to confirm the outgoing data.

You can use one of the Auto-Stop settings on Settings > Tempo & Pitch to stop sending the tempo messages after a short time.

iDoctor

Thanks for your answer Arlow.

I have entered in the custom tempo field the command you have indicated (B0 2C 7F), and configured the corresponding channels in 1, but the tempo is not transmitted. I had already used this method with another device and knew how it works so I think I have done all the steps correctly.

Could it be another command?
Thanks again

arlo

What appears in the MIDI activity log when you play a tempo?

iDoctor

Hello there
Unfortunately after multiple attempts I have not managed to implement the sync with midi Clock sending from bandhelper to my new DSP QUAD CORTEX pedalboard. As I have been able to read in the forums, it is not yet implemented by MIDI port, and if it is by USB. I have also not been able to send via custom tempo message by sending a CC#44 command.

I hope that in the future the Neural company will implement this functionality, which is very necessary for the correct operation.

Thank you