Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Purely cosmetic request.

Started by Neill00, October 08, 2021, 05:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

I'm finding I like the "lyrics solid background option" in the settings > appearance.  Would it be possible to make that more of a global solid background "theme" or maybe the option to also adjust solid background for "song buttons", "song fields" and "other".  I like the solid black look and I would look nicer if my song buttons blended in better.  I've included a screen shot to illustrate why I would want this.

arlo

Is it the gray backgrounds of the buttons on the side and the title on top that you don't like? That happens when you place items over your document viewer so the items on top don't blend with your lyrics, which would make both layers hard to see. If that's the problem, you could solve it by resizing your document viewer a little narrower so the buttons can sit beside it rather than on top of it.

Neill00

So I tried messing around using your suggestion and it didn't do what I was hoping.  Having said that when I tried to change my layout back to how it was including having the document viewer in the background behind the entire screen a couple of the buttons showed up exactly as I want them to (pic attached).  If I could figure out how that happened maybe I could get the others to do the same and I would have it looking exactly as I want it.  I'm wanting to get all the buttons to look like the recording button and the automation button as well as the notes field in the bottom right and the window that displays the tempo located just above the tempo button.

Neill00

At this point I don't know how to get this to do what I want.  I have lost some of the things I had the black background on but managed to get the tempo button to blend into the black.  I'm going to keep messing with it to see if I can figure it out.  If I solve the riddle I'll report back with the answer. 

arlo

Buttons only get that semi-opaque frame when they're completely enclosed by the document viewer, so it looks like your document viewer doesn't go quite to the screen's edge and you scooted a couple buttons all the way to the screen's edge so the fall partially outside of the document viewer.

Buttons also get that background if you stretch them far beyond their normal aspect ratio, to give them a larger touch area, but that doesn't appear to be the case here. I think it's just a matter of layering them on top of your document viewer.

Neill00

Thanks for the tip. It gives me a good starting point.

Neill00

That did the trick ... thanks!