Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

automation - offset following events ?

Started by WashedUp, October 07, 2021, 07:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashedUp

I've only just now noticed this as an option while editing events.

Is there any documentation as to what this does and how it works?

arlo

When you edit an automation track and change the time for an event, you can turn on the Offset Following Events option to apply the same change in timing to all the events after the one you're editing. Otherwise only the event you edited will be changed. Does that make sense?

For example, if one event is a little off but all the others are good, you would edit that event but not use that option. If you wanted to insert an extra chorus into an arrangement, you would edit the next event after that section and change its timing by the length of the new chorus, and use that option to push all the subsequent events out by the same amount.

WashedUp

Nice, sounds like a very useful feature!  Can you use negative values as well?

arlo

If you change the time to a lower value than the previous value, the events will be moved forward accordingly. (I assume that's what you mean; you can't enter negative time values.)

WashedUp

I get it, and this is great!  I can see in my mind using it say to move a series of say 5 or 10 events earlier, and the adjust one after said events to be later and have the rest follow thus putting the latter ones back where they were. 

arlo