Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Selected song color in set list view

Started by arlo, October 15, 2021, 03:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

I've been getting feedback that there's not enough color contrast with the selected song in the set list view. Changing the background to a brighter color is difficult because the song titles can appear in different colors and those might disappear against a colored background. So I've been experimenting with some border styles -- see attached. My thoughts are:

- four sides vs two sides vs one side: Four sides is most visible, but most ugly. One side looks best. Two sides could be a compromise but might be visually confusing.

- orange vs blue: Orange is definitely more visible, but if I did four sides, I'd go with blue.

- light vs dark background: I like the lighter background for added contrast. The only problem is that makes it the same color as pause rows, which are darker in these screen shots because people have complained they were too bright before and looked like selected songs.

What do you think?

arlo

(attachments 1 of 4)

arlo

(attachments 2 of 4)

arlo

(attachments 3 of 4)

arlo

(attachments 3 of 4)

bms2000

orange vs blue: Orange is definitely more visible, but if I did four sides, I'd go with blue.

arlo

In looking at the feedback about the pause color again, some people want it darker and some want it lighter, so I should probably leave it as it is. Here's one more screen shot with the original pause color, the original selected song color (lighter than the selection color in the rest of the app but darker than the pause color) and the orange border on one side, which is currently my favorite combo.

Turnaround

I like blue border four sides, lighter background.  Any chance of making it a user-selectable option?: blue or orange, one side or two sides, or none.