Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Previous/Next Song action not wrapping around song list

Started by iguana, November 08, 2021, 02:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iguana

I haven't run some software updates for a while; finally got my system current today. And discovered that the Previous/Next Song actions no longer wrap around the song list :-(

This is documented in the release notes for the update released on July 18, 2021, so the behavior is correct by design.

But... it is something that I use regularly. Any chance you could bring this functionality back, Arlo? Please????

--mark;

arlo

Other people asked to have it changed this way, and I do think this way is more logical. What is the use case for having it wrap around?

iguana

When you have a band leader that can't decide/stick to a set order and likes to jump around, it can be faster to wrap around than to scroll up or down. I don't have a touchscreen, just use a MIDI footswitch to do previous or next song, one at a time.

arlo

How do you know where the song you want is located in the set list and what direction to click to if you don't have a touchscreen? Are you looking at a printed set list, or an external display that's mirroring another device?

iguana

I'm running BH on a single-board computer running Android. The display is a standard computer monitor attached to my pedalboard. My layout shows the set list in a narrow column on the left, and the rest of the screen is for lyrics/documents.

arlo

I'm not sure how you know whether to go forward or backward to get to a song that has been selected out of order ... unless your song list text is so small that you can see the whole list ... or you have the set list order memorized. Anyway, I can add to my wish list an option to restore the previous behavior of the Next/Previous buttons wrapping to the other end of the set list.