Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Scroll lyrics in Automation

Started by Kiff, September 27, 2021, 04:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiff

Hi Arlo,
I now add an extra blank page to any pdf so that during scrolling in automation I can get to the last line.
Any thoughts on being able to add a virtual page to the end of an existing pdf to allow
automated scrolling to the very end of a document?
Cheers
Kiff

arlo

This shouldn't be necessary. Can you describe the problem you're seeing?

Kiff

I now have a bigger problem
In automation >record, I manually move the page of my pdf lyrics to any particular position with one finger and let go.
This would normally leave the page in that position until moving it on again.
Now when I do the above the first scroll entry defaults to "0px" and the next to "1024px" regardless.
What are the settings to achieve manual one finger movement when recording automation, as this used to work great.

arlo

Okay, I see that, too. This is on my to do list for the next update. As a temporary workaround, you can record some movements, then edit the automation track and edit the position values from 0 or 1024 to whatever the value should be. That might take some guesswork, though. Unfortunately the next update will be a big one and won't be ready until November.

Kiff

Ok thanks for that, I checked everything so slowly, I couldn't figure it out.
Anyway have already done as you suggested, took about 30 min for one song, look forward to your update.
As for the extra page, no problem will use my own work around and just add the extra blank page as usual.
Cheers

arlo

It sounds like the first problem is related to the second problem. If the app is capturing the position of the top of the current page rather than the actual scroll position, then it would never capture a position past the top of the last page. However, the workaround should let you scroll past the top of the last page to reach the end of the document.

You didn't say what platform you're using, but I only see the problem on iOS. If you have an Android device, you could record your automation tracks there, and they will sync back to your original device, with the sizing and positioning scaled automatically.

Kiff

Using ios 15, and happy to wait until November
Thanks

arlo

This should be fixed in today's release:

http://www.setlistmaker.com/support/release_notes.html