Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Metronome Volume Help Needed

Started by soundog, November 19, 2021, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundog

I am using in-ear-monitors for the first time and updating SetListMaker to accommodate. I want a single volume control for my click and downbeat volume. I also want the volume I set to be "global" and saved with Layout. But I am having some difficulty. Here is what I have for settings:

General Settings>Tempo & Pitch: I set a Click and Downbeat Volume, Pan, and Sound.
Layout: I included a slider for Master Volume

If a adjust the volume slider, it affects the Click Volume, but not the Downbeat Volume. How do I create a volume slider that controls the Click and Downbeat volume equally?

Also, can I set a "global" volume so the click volume will be the same when I launch a Show? I don't want surprises in my ear monitors....

FYI, the click/downbeat are the only audio outputs I have from SetListMaker (no backing tracks, pitch tones, etc...)

Thanks for help!

arlo

I tried this on iOS and Android and the master volume slider affected the click and downbeat sounds. To troubleshoot that, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

The volume sliders are meant for quick, on-the-fly adjustments. The default volume would be a combination of your settings on the Settings > Tempo & Pitch page, the hardware volume (buttons on the side) of your device, whatever mixer your device feeds into.

soundog

Thanks Arlo. I'm using version 6.2.11 (45). The downbeat volume is still not affected by the volume control, so I just deleted the sound for it, getting only the tempo "clicks". That's fine, the downbeat tone was a want, not a must.  I would update SLM see if that fixes for me, but have a gig tomorrow so don't want to chance a major upgrade. Will update afterwards, and if still the problem I'll open a ticket.

arlo