Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Change bank on korg x5dr sound module

Started by coachz, November 24, 2021, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachz

We spent two hours trying to change from Bank A to Bank G on this Korg X5DR sound module and were unsuccessful. We are fine with sending raw midi if someone can help us with what to send. For example how to switch to Bank G and go to preset number 12 please.

They talk about ctrl 0=56 and ctrl 32 = any number which I assume is a preset number.   Our midi preset only had one place to add a controller for our midi channel 2 which is what we are sending on.

Manual excerpt

arlo

That documentation is pretty confusingly written, but for your example "how to switch to Bank G and go to preset number 12" I think you would just put MSB 56, LSB 0 and Program 11 into a single row in the Program Changes section of a MIDI preset. MSB 56 changes to bank G, the LSB number isn't used and Program 11 (which is numbered 0-127) changes to program G12 (which is numbered 1-128).

coachz

coachz

We sent the MSB 56, LSB 0 and patch 11 but no bank changed.  Still stuck on A bank.

arlo

Maybe when they say LSB should be "any number" they mean any number except 0 -- so you could try an LSB of 1.

If that doesn't work, I would contact Korg, give them your specific example and ask them what MSB, LSB and Program numbers you need to send. For clarity, you could ask them to provide all three fields with 0-127 numbering, which my apps use by default.

coachz

Thanks,   I think we give up.  Too many hours wasted on midi.  But thanks !

arlo

coachz

We tried but their forum is screwed up and does not allow new registrations. It generates an SMTP.php error which I assume is for an email they are trying to generate an email to confirm registration. Their submit button is also screwed up and doesn't even indicate you pressed it, but after clicking it and waiting about 20 seconds it comes back with the error.

Another technology failure. Oh well hope you're having a great day and thanks for the ideas