Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recording playback help and/or suggestion

Started by dharris, January 09, 2022, 12:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharris

I'm pretty new to BandHelper and found it super easy to upload rehearsal recordings. I wanted to listen while going for a walk and ran into some complications:

First, I didn't find a way to automatically play all recordings. I had to go to each song and click the play button.

Next, I hit play, then turned off my phone to put it into my pocket... and the playback stopped. So, I left it on.

Lastly, when I put my phone into my pocket, the screen orientation switched, so the playback stopped. So, I turned on rotation lock.

In the end, I was able to listen to the recordings (and hear all the places I hit wrong notes clearly :-[)

So, specific feature requests:

• Provide a list of recordings. Could be most recently uploaded recordings, recordings for a particular set list
  • Keep recording playing when screen turns off
  • Keep recording playing regardless of screen rotation.

Do any of these already exist?

arlo

1) To auto-play through a set list, see the paragraph starting "By default, the audio will stop..." on this page: https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html

2) To play recordings while the app is in the background, you can turn on Settings > Audio & MIDI > Play Audio In Background.

3) A screen rotation causes the app to load a different layout for the new orientation, and that involves reloading the current song. To continue playing the current recording when the song reloads, you can turn on Settings > Audio & MIDI > Continue Audio When Changing Songs.

dharris

dharris

The answers to questions 2 and 3 worked great, i.e. keep the recording playing when the screen turns off and keep the recording playing regardless of screen rotation.

I haven't fully figured out how to play through all the songs in the set list.

First minor issue, you said:
Quotesee the paragraph starting "By default, the audio will stop..." on this page: https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html
There are two such paragraphs! I'm pretty sure you meant the first one.

I've followed those instructions and yet when one song stops, the next song doesn't play. There's no time between songs defined. The view advances to the next song and the next song also has a recording, but it doesn't play.

Have you thought about a playback widget which would allow scrubbing to a particular point in a recording?

arlo

The view advances to the next song and the next song also has a recording, but it doesn't play.

It sounds like you haven't set the Start Recording layout action to Song Selection.

Have you thought about a playback widget which would allow scrubbing to a particular point in a recording?

You can use the More Controls layout, or edit any layout and add the Recording Controls item to it.

dharris

All good now. You're right, I hadn't actually chosen the Start Recording action.

So, in the end, I'm pretty happy with what I've got. I created a new smart list for just songs which have at least one recording. I also created a new layout called "Recordings" which has the song list and the recording controls item. See screenshot in attached image.

arlo