Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Delay in switching songs

Started by bartvandegriendt, January 28, 2022, 03:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartvandegriendt

Hi all,

I've got 2 keyboards (Nord Stage 2 and Yamaha Tyros 5) connected to a iconnectivity mioxm midi interface
The mioxm is connected to my macbook pro (running Bandhelper) using a USB cable.
The switching of patches/programs is working like a charm. But I noticed a delay when using a footswitch or the arrows on the BH UI.
You can also see that the song "slides" to the next song. And the program changes will be send out when "sliding" of the song is ready.

But when I use the mouse/touchpad to select a song in BH, the program change will be sent out instantly without delay. You also don't see the "slide" animation this way.

Video: https://youtu.be/u8bNaU8vXXM

Is it possible to disable that "slide" effect in a setting somewhere? Or send the program changes before the sliding effect?

The reason I'm asking this is because we are playing a lot of medleys and I want to make sure if I hit the pedal, the song changes immediately.
Also when I hold a sound on the Tyros while switching, it doesn't get a note off and it causes the note to stuck. I know, this is an issue on the yamaha keyboard.
But if im sure that whenever I'm tapping the pedal that it wil switch instant to the next song, I can release my fingers shortly of the keyboard.

I hope this makes sense.

With regards,

Bart

arlo

The MIDI presets are sent in the middle of the animation, which is only 0.2 seconds after you trigger the song change. There is no way to disable the animation, but that's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

bartvandegriendt

Good morning (for me  ;D )!

Thanks for the reply Arlo. It's not a big dealbreaker, but just wanted to let you know about this user experience ;)

Take care!

Gr
Bart

arlo

In the new app version 2023-12-08 released today, you can turn on Settings > Advanced > Skip Song Change Animation.