Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Am I right?

Started by klutzee, March 09, 2022, 07:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klutzee

I am loving Band Helper! I have been using it lately to also run some backing tracks via the headphone out of my iPad Air with the track on the left side and the click/cues on the right all running to 2 separate channels into my mixer. This has worked great but obviously the tracks are mono. I have ran through the forum and found quite a bit of info but still have a few questions. Am I right in thinking I can run backing tracks in stereo if I A: get an interface such as the MOTU M4 4x4 USB-C Audio Interface. And B: upload 2 stereo files/ one with the track and the other with the the click and cues.?????? I believe I saw where you can run those 2 tracks simultaneously so you will essentially have 4 channels to you mixer to mix anyway you would like. (EX: Stereo backing track taking up 2 channels panned L and R and a track with the click and cues panned however needed all using 4 channels) Is this thinking correct? Is there anything to watch out for? Will the tracks be playing together perfectly in time? Thanks for any advise/ tips on this!! I haven't purchased an interface yet until I know this is a possibility Thanks!!!!

arlo

Yes, that's how it works and that is the most common scenario for using these functions.

Of course when buying new equipment it's good to make sure you can return it if it doesn't work as expected.

klutzee