Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Question re midi presets, BandHelper and NOVUS SYSTEM

Started by pingber, March 23, 2022, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingber

I'm using a TC Electronics NOVUS System with BandHelper. Currently, I have a MIDI PRESET for each of 90 NOVUS presets. Song by song, on my iPad, I've added my preferred midi preset to each so that when a song is called up, it will change the preset in the NOVUS. It works great.
Now I'm wondering... is there a way to add a button or something to the BandHelper screen, that will allow me to select ANY of my 90 when each song is called up? I guess I'm looking for something dynamic on the fly? So if I call up a song and I don't like the midi preset that I selected previously, I can call up another preset from the list rather than using the stomp buttons on the Novus pedal and scrolling through everything?

Just wondering.

TIA
PHIL

arlo

You would have to leave the set list view, go to Repertoire > MIDI Presets and click a MIDI icon there, then go back to your set list.

Selecting any MIDI preset manually from any song is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

pingber

Thanks for the vote! It would be a great feature! Also, maybe a slider for volume/tempo?? (Maybe I'm pushing my luck here!)

arlo

You can add the Master Volume item to your layout for a volume slider (and individual sliders for recording volume, tempo volume, etc). Not for tempo, though -- it would be hard to adjust that while it's playing.

pingber

Will that adjust the volume on the attached BeatBuddy and NOVUS?

arlo

No, that only adjusts the volume of audio generated by BandHelper.

pingber

So.. I've managed to add midi presets to the song list for each song (multiple midi button)... I have three questions.

Right now, I tap a song, full document shows up, double tap the document to go back to song list and then multiple midi presets show to be selected. It all works, but a bit cumbersome.... Is there a way to show the midi preset list in the first song tap, before opening the doc?

Also, is there a way to send a CC when closing the doc window? In this case to dump the preset sent to the NOVUS so that the next song doesn't have a preset until selected?

Finally, aside from using smaller fonts, can the preset list be made into two columns to save room on the screen?

Thanks for all of your help. I'm finally wrapping my head around this midi thing as well as manipulating layouts!

Phil

arlo

I tap a song, full document shows up, double tap the document to go back to song list and then multiple midi presets show to be selected.

Can you include some screen shots showing what you're referring to? Or submit a help ticket so I can look at your layout settings.

Also, is there a way to send a CC when closing the doc window?

If you have a MIDI preset you want to send to "reset" another device, you can attach that MIDI preset to your layout, then use a layout action like Two-Fingered Tap to send it from any song. You could also close the document viewer with the same layout action, so one action would close the document viewer and send the preset.

can the preset list be made into two columns to save room on the screen

No, it's either one vertical column or one horizontal row, depending on how you size it.

pingber

Thanks... I'll set up a help ticket. My suspicion is that since the presets in the multi-midi button are attached to the layout, they don't show until the document window is shown.

Phil