Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Wrapping lines with chords

Started by Neill00, April 06, 2022, 02:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

Is there a setting to have the chords stay with the word if you re-size the lyric causing the line to wrap? The way mine is set up if the line wraps, the chord associated with say the last work goes beside the first chord of the line and only the word itself wraps to the next line.

arlo

If you're aligning chords with lyrics, manually or with ChordPro formatting, you would need to add line breaks so the lyrics don't wrap at the desired font size.

Neill00

I see so although the bracketed chord is in the middle of a word, say the last word in a line, if that word gets wrapped the chord doesn't follow it.  OK, as long as I know it's not a setting that I have messed up I can just create line breaks.  Thanks!

arlo

I don't know about a chord in the middle of a word, but suffice it to say ChordPro positioning with wrapped lines isn't supported.

Neill00

That's fine, the time I'm not spending looking for a setting that doesn't exist is all I need to put in line breaks on the songs that need it...LOL