Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bandhelper recordings are in mono

Started by zaphod_69, April 13, 2022, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod_69

Hi Arlo, I create practice recordings of my band in Bandhelper using the built-in recording function with my Ipad Pro. I have now noticed that these recordings are in mono, although normally my Ipad can record in stereo. Do you have an explanation for this? Is the recording in Bandhelper basically in mono or are there any settings ?
Thanks in advance for your answer. 

arlo

These are in mono because 1) stereo files would be twice as large, 2) I didn't see a big benefit for stereo with the uses this function is meant for, and 3) many devices only have one built-in mic. I think all the voice memo type apps I've used also record in mono.

zaphod_69

Hi Arlo, I can understand some of these arguments. However, with the microphones in the Ipad Pro, for example, you can already create recordings in very good stereo quality. This potential should be used. I think it would be useful to integrate a choice between mono and stereo recording.  Would that be possible?

arlo

I can put that on my wish list. Meanwhile, you could find another app that records in stereo and use that and then copy your recordings into BandHelper afterwards.