Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

layout actions upon song selection [Android VS IOS]

Started by avdb, July 11, 2023, 07:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avdb

For backup purposes, I installed BH on an Android platform, and I noticed that the Layout Actions on Android do not include 'Song Selection'.
Even the setllist made on Ipad that contain an automatic start of the automation track upon song selection do not automatically start the automation track on Android.

Is it just me or am I missing something Arlo?

Arie

arlo

Layout actions were moved to Settings > App Control in the last update. It sounds like you have the current version on one device but haven't yet updated the other device. See also:

https://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

Ahiru

In case it is related.. on my iPad for App Control > Start Automation it properly imported my previous layout selection of Song Second Selection, but if I tap the Start Automation option it does not show 'Layout Actions' nor Song Second Selection as a selectable option (see image).  (Edit: Furthermore this means I can't also assign Song Auto-Selection to Start Automation as described in the thread about linking http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,2756.msg13554.html#msg13554)

Also, in my old 'imported' layout, Next Song was set to Song Completion, whereas Next Song is unassigned in the new App Control.  There is no option to assign this to Song Completion.  Does 'Select Next Song on Song Completion' in the layout fulfill that role now?

Admittedly I'm still working through understanding these changes so I may just be missing something.

arlo

if I tap the Start Automation option it does not show 'Layout Actions' nor Song Second Selection as a selectable option

That's a mistake and I'll fix it with an update soon.

Does 'Select Next Song on Song Completion' in the layout fulfill that role now?

Yes.

avdb

Hi Arlo, I installed BH from Play Store just today, so it should be the latest version

arlo

The missing layout actions are included in the new app version 2023-07-12 released this morning. (You can set Start Automation to Song Selection, but not Start/Stop Automation.)