Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tablet Storage

Started by dotonemanband, October 30, 2021, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotonemanband

I use a Samsung 10" tablet (16gb internal) almost exclusively for bandhelper songs for live performance. A lot of songs now and memory almost full. I want to add a 32gb sd card. Will bandhelper automatically recognize the songs that will be added to the sd card? Or should I try a different approach to adding more memory for the songs I'm regularly adding?

arlo

You can change the download directory on the Settings > General Settings page. On Android 9 and below, you can select a directory on the removable SD card. On Android 10 and above, you can simply turn on the option to use removable storage, and then BandHelper will use the standard directory at /Android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper.

And just to clarify for others, songs take virtually no space, so I assume it's recordings that you're dealing with here.

dotonemanband

Using my Samsung Tablet bh app ... went to General Settings ... looking for the option to use removable storage ... can't see that option ... am I missing a step? Thanks Arlo

arlo

Sorry, it's on Settings > General Settings in Set List Maker but Settings > Account Sync in BandHelper.

dotonemanband

Okay, in bandhelper I went to general settings/account sync ... now looking for "option to use removable storage" Don't see that option

arlo

What Android version do you have?

dotonemanband

arlo

The Use Removable Storage option is available on Android 9 and above. On older Android versions, you can use Settings > General Settings > File Download Directory and browse to a directory on the removable SD card.

dotonemanband

thanks for your help Arlo. I've gone to Settings > General Settings > there's nothing labeled File Download Directory shown. Can I send a screen shot to show what I see?  I've done this in the past but forget the steps to do so.

arlo

Ack, I said the wrong directory again. It's on Settings > General Settings in Set List Maker but Settings > Account Sync in BandHelper.

KeytarPaul

Just what I was looking for. But I set Use Removable Storage BEFORE I ticked Remove Downloaded Files. Once the sync is complete can I safely delete the files in the Internal folder?

/storage/41F8-1606/Android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files

arlo

Yes, if you're using removable storage, you could delete the contents of the com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files folder on the primary storage. But I would leave the folder itself there in case you need it in the future.